Sunday, June 19, 2005

Onjuku Redux


This weekend I decided to keep the backpack on my lap.

So we made it to Onjuku Beach with all our stuff.

The weather was wonderful. The sun felt all the more warmer and closer because it was hiding right behind a waxy layer of clouds. Every once in a while it would peak out along with a hint of blue sky, but mostly it was a delightfully overcast day, the perfect atmosphere for being at the beach.

Friday night at eleven I'd started reading a novel, Eragon. (Laurie caught me around five in the morning sitting at the kitchen table with a headlamp--still reading.) So naturally, yesterday, I had two items on my agenda: finishing the book and having a nap!

I finished the last couple hundred pages as soon as we found a spot to lay down.

Then we played in the water for a while.
Next time I'll wear swimming trunks when we go to the beach.
(wet underwear makes for a sore train ride home...)

There were lots of surfers out, too. It looks really fun. If only surfboards weren't a thousand dollars...

Lastly, I had a nice lazy nap. Long enough for a weird uneven tan-burn to mar my otherwise lovely skin.

No comments: