Friday, March 23, 2007

Kerri & Brandon Arrive: Days 1 & 2

I’ve only seen Narita-san (it’s like saying, “Mr. Temple” but that’s what it’s called) from the train, as usually when I’m going to Narita it’s for picking people up or dropping them off at the airport, but someday I hope to go see it.


On the ride home this cute little girl kept furtively glancing over at us, and so I casually included her in the picture. She was too shy to say hello, but I could tell she really wanted to play with us.



This morning we were all up early and the momentum carried us to Showa-no-Mori, where one Mountain Sakura tree is still faithfully carrying the torch, so-to-speak, while all his plum tree brethren have long since ceased their blossomings.



After visiting Toke High School, we all went out at noon to Chiba City. Laurie and I are breaking Kerri & Brandon in for next week's trip to the Kansai region. We kept them on their feet from noon until 8:30. No rough terrain yet. That's tomorrow. Here the are just out the door.



Brandon looked so good today. I think that girl was checking him out.



We stopped at the library to see what Japanese books are like. Kerri gets quite absorbed with her reading. She likes to read big books. Ha ha.



And one more before bed:

1 comment:

grubedoo said...

Man I wish I could be in Japan with y'all too.

On a side note, I built my first 3D building for Google Earth. See it here.. Hopefully they will use it, but they haven't posted any of the pics I've submitted to Panoramio yet so we'll see.

Love you.