Monday, June 18, 2007

Fun Flavored Junk Food

One more thing to love about living in Japan: Weird food-flavor combinations. For instance, why not try mixing up Kit Kats with fruit flavors? The pineapple one was a bit too piney for me and the orange one made me think of Orange Pekoe tea (even though there's no orange in Orange Pekoe tea) but hey-at least I got to try them!




I also tried the new Ice Cucumber Pepsi yesterday and am hailing it as the best thing since 7-Up Gold. It had that sort of refreshingness that cucumbers have, and still somehow tasted like cola, but without the sticky syrupy feeling of cola. I'm not a soda drinker, but this is one flavor I am going to try again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to try the cucumber pepsi.

grubekl said...

Speaking of lovely Japanese things - Brandon continues to lend me Furuba Manga after he finishes them, so I'm on book 11, and it's so good! I can't wait to read more :)

P.S. I'll have Mom deposit money into your Bullseye account to pay for the pendant. Also, what's the likelihood of scoring a puzzle box thingy like Brandon got? If there's a neat one to be had, let me know, and I'll give her more money to deposit for you :)

grubedoo said...

send me a cucumber Pepsi ...

wryguy said...

The thing is, the Cucumber Pepsi was in and out of the stores within a week. One week! I am glad I tried it when I did. If I see any I'll pick some up, but chances are slim.

And as for the puzzle boxes...we're still looking into a last minute trip to Hakone, so budget permitting we might be able to find a puzzle box. But those chances are slim too since moving out fees are going to be steep.